Query System Contents and Usage
The Utah EPHT Query System provides a simple-to-use interface that allows a user to choose data selection options and perform custom queries of Utah's public health databases.
What is a Custom Query?A custom query is an interface (set of pages) where the user can select a dataset and a measure and then limit the results to a year, age group, local health district, etc. to obtain specific data. Available datasets are listed below as well as on the navigation buttons on the left. Measures can include rates, counts, survey topics, top 10 lists, averages, etc. The limiting selections depend on the dataset. For example, mortality data can be limited by year, cause of death, age, gender, and geography (county, local health district, Utah Small Areas).
Basic Steps to Follow:
- Select the dataset using the left navigation buttons.
- Select a measure. Click on one of the grey bars to see a list of measures. The most commonly used measures are listed under the "Quick Selection" bar. Use the "Advanced Selection" bar to find measures for Utah Small Areas, race/ethnicity, maps, etc. For datasets that also have injury measures click on the "Injury Selection" bar or choose "Injury" from the left navigation buttons.
- Build your query. After selecting a measure you will see a page with a series of numbered steps (grey bars). Click on a step bar to expand the step. Make selections to build your query.
- View and/or modify your results. From the results page you can select/change a chart, export to Excel, use the Query Definition button to modify your query selections, or start a new query. For more information about these features and step-by-step examples see the EPHT Query System Tutorials page.
Currently Available Datasets
- Data Query Index - View all available dataset queries
- Metadata Index - View metadata for all datasets